Nashville Zoo Wedding at Grassmere Historic Farm

I did another Nashville zoo wedding the other day. I say another. The first one was about 10 years ago and has always been one of my more unusual Nashville weddings. After all, they did have an animal presentation before the wedding!

What I didn't even realize until this wedding is that there is a beautiful historic home at the zoo, and recently the zoo has begun to promote the site for weddings.


The director told me that the home was owned by folks with no children. However, they loved to travel and whenever they came back, they brought an animal with them. When they died, their property was donated to the state with the stipulation that the land be used for conservation purposes. Thus the zoo.

The home itself is quite beautiful and fascinating. I was told that everything in the home was original and was 200 years old. 

This wedding was held out behind the home in a nice secluded spot. Actually, the wedding was held after zoo hours so the whole was empty.

I'll post a few pictures that I took below, but you might want to plan a visit sometime. The tour of the home is included in the Nashville zoo admission price. Along with the tour, there is a brochure with detailed information about the home and property. 




Glad you found my site

I'm Ralph Griggs, a minister who helps many couples with their wedding ceremonies. That takes me to just about every wedding venue in the Nashville area. Finding just the right place for your wedding is very important, so I decided to offer in these posts my reviews on wedding site locations around Nashville. Take a look & you might discover the perfect location for your wedding.

Need a minister for your Nashville area wedding? Click here for info.

Save $60 on your TN marriage license with my At-Home Marriage Education Guide.
Watch a short slide-show video about the At-Home Marriage Education Guide at the bottom of this page.